Sales Tax Cerfificate
New York State law requires every vendor who sells any tangible product to have a
NY State Sales Tax Certificate.
The Certificate is issued by the NYS Sales Tax Department.
The Certificate is free and easy to get.
It will be delivered to you from 5-20 days after you have successfully applied.
The fastest way to get your certificate is by appying online.
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLYING ONLINE
- Log onto www.businessexpress.ny.gov
- Create your account by registering as a new user
- Once your account has been created then log on to it
- Select SEARCH INDEX A-Z and type in DTF-17 in the search bar
- Select APPLICATION TO REGISTER FOR SALES TAX
- Select APPLY ONLINE.
- You may fill out and print a copy of when completed
- You do not need a CPA or be a New York resident or own a business or be incorporated in order to obtain a Free NYS Sales Tax Certificate
- You may be a child or an adult.
- The NY State Sales Tax Certificate has nothing to do with, and is entirely different than an EIN. The Federal Government issues EIN's.
- If you cannot or will not get a NYS Sales Tax number we can't rent space
- Please direct all questions to the NYS Sales Tax Department 518-485-2889